World Water Day 2021
The Hydro Nation International Centre, with support from the Scottish Government is proud to be once again hosting World Water Day 2021 on March 22nd.
The World Water Day 2021 theme is “Valuing Water”, and we are thrilled to be hosting leading experts in Scottish water policy, industry and research to hear their perspectives on what it means for a nation to truly value water, including representatives from:
- The Water Industry Commission for Scotland
- The Scotch Whisky Association
- The Scottish Government
- Energy Saving Trust
- Citizens Advice Scotland
- Visit Scotland
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be able host the event in-person as has been the case in previous years. Instead, World Water Day 2021 will be held as a free online event, which presents some unique opportunities!
This year, in addition to our keynote presentations and discussion fora, we will be hosting a series of immersive, three-dimensional exhibition spaces. These spaces will give you the chance to:
- Explore the latest thinking on range of contemporary water issues, including community empowerment and engagement, how to encourage water innovation, and how Scotland’s water resources can contribute to the fight against climate change,
- Gain fascinating insight into the leading-edge research of the Hydro Nation Scholars and wider academic community, including their international activities,
- Network virtually with key players in the Scottish water sector, as well as others with interest and insight into Scotland’s water resources,
- Lose yourself in an exploration of the role of water in contemporary Scottish art and design,
- And more!
Register here to secure your place at Scotland’s free World Water Day 2021 event!
But “Valuing Water” means different things to different people, and we want to hear your perspective on what it means to you. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to join the conversation, keep updated with further news of the event, and help make World Water Day a celebration for all!